Thursday, 31 December 2009
Tuesday, 29 December 2009
Saturday, 26 December 2009
- Everyone (You, your parents, your brothers and sisters, your relatives, your colleagues, your neighbours, your friends, etc) is going to die soon or late and that's inevitable; you have no power or option to decide otherwise
- Everyone's time is limited in this world
- Fear of Unknown: it is unknown and unproven scientifically what happens after death, although based on your philosophy in life or the religion that you have chosen to follow, you can have beliefs and assumptions about it...
- Some associate thinking and talking about death with the pain of their loved ones who have already passed away.
- The pains and difficulties of this world are not everlasting; you can see the difficulties as life tests without deeply associating yourself to them. In other words, you can disassociate yourself from the difficulties of this world and know that they will all be over. As a result, you will be joyful.
- You value your friends and family more because you know that they are with you or you are with them only temporarily.
- When remembering you are going to die, you know that you've got to find what you truly love and you've got to follow your heart.
- You would forgive others easier
- You would love others easier
- Remembering you're going to die, know that your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
- Remembering you're going to die, don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice
- Remembering you're going to die, avoid the fear that you have something to loose. You didn't have anything and you will loose whatever materialistic you have now; you're already naked!
- Remembering you're going to die enables you to live in now.
Saturday, 19 December 2009
Saturday, 28 November 2009
- People trust and love you more automatically and willingly they do things for you
- People feel un-threatened when they are with you
- You will have more influence on others
- You can find new friends easily
- You send a message that you will be at ease with me - don't worry
- All people regardless of their position or age need love and your smile can give them the security they need
- Smile is contagious which means people most often smile you back
- People are naturally attracted to those who smile because smile makes you attractive. You will be like a magnet...
- Smile makes the environment in which you are, more cheerful.
- You attract happiness, good things, good thoughts, good friends and love into your life.
- Smile changes your mood; if you are sad or bored, smile changes that
- Smile brings you happiness and peace
- Smile destroys stress; when you have stress, your smile reduces the stress dramatically, then it enables you to move on and act
- Smile makes your immune system stronger and as result you get sick less
- Smile lifts up your spirit
- Smile makes your face to be appeared younger
- Smile increases your self confidence and you progress more at your work
- Smile let you seem more successful
- Smile helps you think positively; it reduces the negative thoughts dramatically
- Smile keeps depression, stress and worry away from your life
- Purposefully smile and that purpose is to love your environment, neighbour and people around you
- To smile, don't rely on your life's happy moments, success or achievements
- Smile confidently and respectfully
- Smile with your eyes
- Take responsibility and initiative to smile
- Smile to love
- Develop your smile and practice it
- Smile with an open face and eyes
- Develop your Sense of Humor as it helps smiling
- You might sacrifice the happiness from your life and life of others
- You might sacrifice friendships and relationships
- Can you smile when you're not happy, stressful, depressed or worry? of course you can...
- When we are thinking, it is often hard to smile but with practice we can smile even when we are thinking and focusing on a subject
Sunday, 22 November 2009
Thursday, 19 November 2009
Sunday, 15 November 2009
Thursday, 12 November 2009
- To make a decision about one or more subjects in a group of more than one person
- To discuss and share ideas so that later a decision can be reached
- To share the status with everyone
- Discussing about everything and nothing - not having focus
- Not being on the same boat and with the same glossary
- Not knowing the area of each attendee
Friday, 6 November 2009
- Write down your tasks and walk through the written tasks in the order of importance; prioritizing is very important, do the jobs which are the most important and do them quickly
- Some tasks can be done quickly and some you have to think about them in details and deeply
- Know that prioritizing is not a one-time process; you should constantly prioritize
- Put your watch in front of you to be aware of the time passing - it might give you stress though
- Fill up a water of bottle; keeping yourself hydrated is essential
- Stay positive and say positive words
- Put on headphones; play a music that helps you concentrate. It's a signal to others that you are working. It helps you keep out of distractions
- When someone asks you something which is not vital to do, express that you're busy and will get back to that person when you have time. Then add a reminder to your task list
- Don't answer emails that don't require answer
- Don't attend meetings which are irrelevant and waste of time
- Don'g answer your phone if it's not necessary to do so - get back to the caller when you have time
- Allocate time slots colleagues can interrupt you; communicate clearly that unless something is urgent you shouldn't get interrupted. say 2pm to 4pm, at the other time of the day focus on getting the work done
- Clean up your desk to have less distraction
Thursday, 29 October 2009
Best and simplest strategy to improve your speaking and listening English skills is to learn from others in this way:
1. Listen to a person who is speaking English; from a movie, a tape, news, your friend or colleague
2. Try repeating what you heard loudly (if you are alone) or in your mind (if you're with another person obviously). It doesn't need to be exactly meaningful at the start, just say what you heard.
3. You can try visualizing what you hear though this step is not necessary
- In the beginning, it doesn't matter what you heard was a correct word; just the sound is important because when you practice the main word will be revealed.
- When you practice this strategy every day for 15-30 minutes, after a while you will become an English speaker who understands the language and with a native accent
- As you hear a new word, automatically you will look up in the dictionary for the new words that you have heard
Practice this technique only for 1 week and you will see the improvement result immediately and you will be amazed. Then be commited to continue using this technique to master the language.
Saturday, 24 October 2009
Successful people think and talk about what they want, and unsuccessful people talk about what they don't want.
10-step plan to get what you truly want in life
1. Decide exactly what you want. This is usually the biggest problem that people have. They don't know what they want and then they're surprised when they don't get it.
2. Write your goal clearly in every detail. A goal that is not written down is merely a wish. When you write it down, you signal to your superconscious mind that you really want to accomplish this particular objective.
3. Write your goal in simple, present tense words on a three-by-five index card and carry it with you to read and re-read throughout the day whenever you get a chance.
4. Make a list of everything you can think of that you can do that will move you toward your goal. Making a list intensifies your desire and deepens your belief that the attainment of the goal is possible for you.
5. Organize the list by priority. What is more important and what is less important?
6. Resolve to take action every day on one of the items on your list. Do something every day that moves you toward your goal so that you can maintain your momentum.
7. Visualize your goal repeatedly. See it in your mind's eye as though it were already a reality. The more clear and vivid your mental picture of your goal, the faster it will come into your life.
8. Get the feeling of pleasure and enjoyment that you would have if your goal were realized at this very moment. Create the emotion of happiness, satisfaction, and pleasure that you would have if you really achieved your goal.
9. Confidently behave as if your superconscious mind were bringing your goal into reality. Accept that you are moving toward your goal and it is moving toward you.
10. Release your goal completely to your superconscious mind. When you turn your goal over to the power of the universe and just get out of the way, you will always know the right actions to take at the right time.
Starting today, try this power of yours, your superconscious mind, on one goal or idea, and practice it continually until you succeed in achieving that goal. By doing so, you will move from the "positive thinking" of the hopeful person to the "positive knowing" of the totally successful person.
Tuesday, 20 October 2009
You Are a Magnet.
- Be a confident speaker no matter you know the right words or vocabulary
- Develop your fluency
- Develop your accuracy
- Develop your vocabulary
- Practice Practice Practice
- Don't be afraid of making mistakes
- Plan what you're going to say in advance
- Keep your listener interested: Vary your vocabulary, Plan in advance, Involve your listener
- Be a supportive listener; Show you're interested, ask for clarification
- Learn the stress of words; it's very important
- Learn the stress of sentences; it's very important
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
Monday, 5 October 2009
Sunday, 4 October 2009
Thursday, 1 October 2009
Saturday, 29 August 2009
- This golden rule generally works well, however, for situations such as a person harms himself by words and deeds, it wouldn't be adviced nor recommended for him to take this golden rule into practice!
- People may expect different things in different situations so what you would like another person do to you if you were in his shoes may not be exactly the same.
- Maybe what another person expects is not fair. For example a proven and serious criminal would like that the the judge releases him as the judge wishes to be released if he was a prisoner himself. So, it's a bit tricky sometimes.
Friday, 28 August 2009
Thursday, 27 August 2009
Monday, 17 August 2009
For instance you have 10 goals, how do you make a decision which one to pursue first? Have you ever stayed in an indicision state for a long time? This would help:
- ANALYZE your goals; their benefits and risks; the estimated time required to finish each goal
- PRIORITIZE your goals if possible; specify the gains and losses of doing and not doing each goal which helps prioritizing them
- DOCUMENT everything if possible
- RESEARCH and gain INFORMATION
- SET DEADLINE in making your decision e.g. 30 minutes (depends)
- Listen to your INSTINCT and HEART
- Treat every failure or mistake as a LESSON which takes you one step closer to SUCCESS, so no need to fear of the result of your good decision
- AVOID wasting time and being perfectionist.
- ANY GOOD DECISION is better than no good decision, so hurry choose one of which, have perseverance and ENJOY the process!
Monday, 22 June 2009
- Lifestyle and exercise amount
- Healthy eating
- Cardio: to burn fat
- Stomach exercise: to build stomach muscles
- Smaller portions in each meal and 4 meals a day instead of 3
- Restrict your calorie intake
- Avoid all fried foods
- Lessen rice, potato, bread, butter
- Eat fruits not more than 5 portions a day
- No chocolate
- No chips or crisps
- Only whole grain bread
- No more than one drink per day, red wine has the lowest carb and have better health benefits
- You will feel healthier
- You will have more energy
- You will be happier
- You will feel a lot better
- You will love your body more
Saturday, 30 May 2009
What is the opposite?
- When we are united with each other, we can't steal from each other
- When we are united with each other, we will be happy with the happiness of each other
- When we are united with each other, we will be sad with the sadness of each other
- When we are united with each other, we are never alone and lack good friends.
- When we are united with each other, we will help the needy
- When we are united with each other, we won't lie to each other
- When we are united with each other, we are in peace with each other
- Review and emphasize the aims/goals with the team
- Listen to each group member, know each other and show your understanding
- Respect each individual on the team regardless of age, sex, race, religion...
- Encourage participation, love and respect
- Write down strategies how to tackle the disagreements fairly and agree with the team
- Promote unity
- Contradictory benefits of individuals
Friday, 29 May 2009
- Quit smoking
- No drugs
- Quit / reduce drinking alcoholic drinks
- Sleep 8 hours a day
- Exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days of the week.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Breath deeply at least 2 minutes a day
- Do prayer or meditation at least half an hour a day
- Eat fresh, low fat and healthy food
- Eat at least 5 portions of fruits and vegetables every day
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water every day
- Self monitoring: Keep your food and activity diary
- Find at least one new friend every month
- Meet up at least one of your old friends or relatives every week
- Wash your body and hair with soap and shampoo at least once a week
- Shave your beards every day (for men obviously), then use aftershave and finally use a moisure cream
- Shorten your nails every week
- Wash your worn clothes at least once a week, then iron them
- Wash your towels at least every 3 weeks
- Keep your room clean
- Keep your desk clean
- Have a hair cut once a month
- Drink 2 glasses of water
- Take one tablet which contains Omega3+Omega6+Omega9 (To maintain healthy hearth and brain function)
- Take one multivitamin
- Have breakfast
Thursday, 21 May 2009
Saturday, 2 May 2009
Tuesday, 28 April 2009
Sunday, 12 April 2009
Saturday, 11 April 2009
Friday, 10 April 2009
You also can email them and ask your health related question as well.
Find whatever health services you need from here.
Thursday, 9 April 2009
If you don't become a nagging machine, you get angry and frustrated and you possiblly harm yourself and others. Being like a nagging machine often is the only and only solution.
- You want your agent or landlord fix something at home but they just postpone or promise and don't act.
- You need someone to do something for you and they don't reply back or do the job.
- Nag to everyone that you could find from boss (priorty) to employees - use all the resources available.
- Nag professionally, express facts, emotions, evidences
- Be assertive
- When was the last time you were like a nagging machine?
- In what situations you need to be a nagging machine now?
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Sunday, 29 March 2009
Wednesday, 25 March 2009
On the other hand, it's important to be able to change the focus quickly to something else. Women are usually good at this, men may need more practice.
Focus but at the same time don't focus when required, be open to opportunities and events that happen to your environment.
Have focus but be agile at the same time.
There are some scenarios in life that you shouldn't be stable on your focus, you should be able to be aware of your environment at the same time of doing your job for instance.
Saturday, 7 March 2009
These are "generally" true although depending on the car, product and season it varies.
- Every 6 months or 5-6000 miles, engine oil and oil filter needs be changed
- Every 1 year or 10-12000 miles, your car needs to be fully serviced.
- Regularly, check your tyre pressure
- Every week, check your oil level or before a long trip
- Every 5-8 years or 40-60000 miles, cam belt needs to be changed
- Every week, check the tread depth of your tyres
- Once a year, you must take your car for a MOT test
What are involved in a full car service?
- Fuel filter is changed
- Engine oil is changed
- Oil filter is changed
- Air filter is changed
- Brake oil is checked
- Power steering oil is checked
- Brakes are checked
- All car lights are checked
- Spark plugs are replaced
- Top up water tank and add anti-freeze in Winter
- Screen Wipers are checked
- Exhaust is checked
- Battery level is checked
- Pressure and tread depth of all tyres are checked
- Air filter: £7
- Oil filter: £4
- 4 x Spark plugs : £6 total
- Engine Oil: £20
Sunday, 1 March 2009
I was grown up in an environment that honesty and truth were hailed and dishonesty was blamed and disgraced. Indeed, lie was somehow a stranger in my life.
However, the fact is that the outside world (society and business) is not driven by honesty but by need and fear often which may leed to lie and deceiving approaches.
The world is full of lies, some are releaved soon, some very late and some never.
Recently, I had a discussion with a Customer Service Officer from Three and I wanted to cancel my mobile contract that it was only one day that I had got it! She lied, lied and lied and at the end she said we can't cancel your contract because you said you have used the new mobile phone we sent you which is a big lie and I never said that and I never used their phone. If I want to get it further I have to take it to the court which costs me more time and money obviously.
In other occasion, when I was looking for job through job agencies I heard so many lies from them...
Why Many People Lie?
- They need to lie to get what they want
- They fear of the truth
- They enjoy lying
- They don't have believe in God or even if they do they don't trust God that they can fulfill their needs with honesty
Solution:There are 2 main attitudes we can have with people:
- Optimistic: it's high likely that people are honest unless it's proved otherwise.
- Pessimistic: it's high likely that people are dishonest and deceitful unless it's proved otherwise.
Being optimistic or pessimistic are both good and beneficial we just need to be aware when to choose which approach.
The attitude we choose to have at each time determines our behaviors, words and thoughts. Before choosing our attitude we better do a quick analysis on the other person's needs, fears and believes, then we will be able to choose a wiser approach.
We would be happier maybe if we always be optimistic; however it's not a safe approach and indeed it's very naive sometimes.
With sales people specifically, be pessimistic because they have needs which are against your needs. I have also friends who are in sales and they all acknowledge this.
Saturday, 17 January 2009
- It underlines the fact that it's our choice to think, act, speak and believe in a way we think, act, speak and believe.
- It removes the unconscious feeling of being victim and to be affected directly from our environments, parents, friends, etc
- It emphasizes the personal responsibility of all our deeds, thoughts and words
- It strengthens our will power
- It provides us full awareness of our deeds, thoughts and words
- It prevents others to manipulate you
- I choose to be hopeful despite of all the current problems
- I choose not to be afraid of failure
- I choose to exercise 2-3 a week
- I choose to work for my current company or I choose to change my job
- I choose to be self-confident and self-assured
- I choose to be wise
- I choose to focus on solutions after identifying the problems
- I choose to see my friend, Cyrus, at 5pm today
- I choose to believe in what I think is right to believe
- I choose to write this blog in the way I did
Therefore, stop blaiming others for what you are, because ultimately you are what you choose to be.
So, it's extremely important to have a proper prioritization strategy for our tasks.
- List and review all the tasks you have for this week - To Do List
- Write the consequences of doing and not doing each action for each day - Analyzed List
- Whichever task has a more severe/important consequence should take the higher priority and must be done first - Prioritized List
- Do the task with the highest priority - Action
- Go to 1
- As long as we are alive and we have something in our "To Do List" basket, this loop never ends
- The "Prioritized List" is not a rigid list and can change as time pass on. New tasks can join the list or new events can happen.
- Some tasks don't require any action, they are a process, and we can do other tasks while that task is done. For instance, we can read a book during the time we are going to work with train.
Friday, 16 January 2009
- It's convincing
- It's charming, attractive and enjoyable
- It's important in team leadership and management
- It's important in sale
- It adds prestige in the image you create in other people's mind
- You feel much better about yourself
- Add rhythm in your sentences
- Pronounce all words clearly - don't swallow any words
- Pause between sentences and breath deeply - don't rush into sentences
- Be polite, tactful, respectful and professional - don't be rude or unprofessional
- Relax and calm and - don't be tense
- Add slight smile and few face expressions - don't frown or appear feeling less
- Speak assertively - not weakly
- Believe in what you say, speak confidently and with certainty
- Choose words carefully - expand your vocabulary
- Check British Parliament Channels
- Observe posh speakers
- Practice to master this skill
Saturday, 10 January 2009
Unconsciout loops of contradictory thoughts that Leeds to locks, indecision, depression, headache and inactivity of mind.
Example: Jack wishes to buy a new car
Jack knows that he needs to change his car. He is tired of his current car because he doesn't like it also he has to pay lots of money to repair it. He has seen a nicer car and wishes to buy it.
He doesn't have enough money to buy a new car nor does he wish to get a loan. He doesn't know how to sell his car. What if the new car is not good either? What if I will have to pay so much for repair of the new car? What if ...
These thoughts often are unconscious, which means there are available but leads just to headache, depression, indecision and inactivity. Some people go to sleep for hours...
There are many other examples you can think of such as migration, marriage, school, friendships, relationships, job, business, buying a new house ...
How to Overcome - step 1
The first step to overcome this issue is to be aware and conscious of these unconscious mind traps. To solve any problem, the first step is to identity the problem.
So, if you have reached to a point that you have realized you are in the mind trap, that's the starting point.
The quicker you become conscious the quicker you can solve the issue.
How to Overcome - step 2
Write down all your thoughts and worries on a paper. Then organize and categorize them so that you can measure the problem easier.
How to Overcome - step 3
Identify which parts you don't know how to. For instance, if one option maybe getting a loan, discuss it with an expert or a friend who has taken it already and has experience about it.
Answer to all your unknown questions.
How to Overcome - step 4
Write down the options you have to decide. For the car scenario, options are as following:
- Keeping my car and living with it
- First buying a new car, then selling my car
- First selling my car, then buying a new car
- Buying and selling at the same time
How to Overcome - step 5
Value each option, analyze each situation and choose the best possible option. Don't be perfectionist. Use your feelings to decide the option combined with logic. Logic alone can't help.
How to Overcome - step 6
Focus and take action on the option you chose.