- Everyone (You, your parents, your brothers and sisters, your relatives, your colleagues, your neighbours, your friends, etc) is going to die soon or late and that's inevitable; you have no power or option to decide otherwise
- Everyone's time is limited in this world
Why people are scared of remembering their death?
Many people are scared thinking or talking about the death of themselves or their loved ones. They try to avoid it because:
- Fear of Unknown: it is unknown and unproven scientifically what happens after death, although based on your philosophy in life or the religion that you have chosen to follow, you can have beliefs and assumptions about it...
- Some associate thinking and talking about death with the pain of their loved ones who have already passed away.
Benefits of remembering you're going to die:
Don't get me wrong! I don't say you should look forward to your death but what I am saying is that when you think that you will die, your actions and thoughts will be changed.
- The pains and difficulties of this world are not everlasting; you can see the difficulties as life tests without deeply associating yourself to them. In other words, you can disassociate yourself from the difficulties of this world and know that they will all be over. As a result, you will be joyful.
- You value your friends and family more because you know that they are with you or you are with them only temporarily.
- When remembering you are going to die, you know that you've got to find what you truly love and you've got to follow your heart.
- You would forgive others easier
- You would love others easier
- Remembering you're going to die, know that your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
- Remembering you're going to die, don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice
- Remembering you're going to die, avoid the fear that you have something to loose. You didn't have anything and you will loose whatever materialistic you have now; you're already naked!
- Remembering you're going to die enables you to live in now.
Well, not that often maybe as you have a life to live but it might be good to remember at least monthly.
What about Eternal Life?
Your soul may live forever even after your body dies but let's leave that to religion!