Sunday, 29 March 2009
Wednesday, 25 March 2009
On the other hand, it's important to be able to change the focus quickly to something else. Women are usually good at this, men may need more practice.
Focus but at the same time don't focus when required, be open to opportunities and events that happen to your environment.
Have focus but be agile at the same time.
There are some scenarios in life that you shouldn't be stable on your focus, you should be able to be aware of your environment at the same time of doing your job for instance.
Saturday, 7 March 2009
These are "generally" true although depending on the car, product and season it varies.
- Every 6 months or 5-6000 miles, engine oil and oil filter needs be changed
- Every 1 year or 10-12000 miles, your car needs to be fully serviced.
- Regularly, check your tyre pressure
- Every week, check your oil level or before a long trip
- Every 5-8 years or 40-60000 miles, cam belt needs to be changed
- Every week, check the tread depth of your tyres
- Once a year, you must take your car for a MOT test
What are involved in a full car service?
- Fuel filter is changed
- Engine oil is changed
- Oil filter is changed
- Air filter is changed
- Brake oil is checked
- Power steering oil is checked
- Brakes are checked
- All car lights are checked
- Spark plugs are replaced
- Top up water tank and add anti-freeze in Winter
- Screen Wipers are checked
- Exhaust is checked
- Battery level is checked
- Pressure and tread depth of all tyres are checked
- Air filter: £7
- Oil filter: £4
- 4 x Spark plugs : £6 total
- Engine Oil: £20
Sunday, 1 March 2009
I was grown up in an environment that honesty and truth were hailed and dishonesty was blamed and disgraced. Indeed, lie was somehow a stranger in my life.
However, the fact is that the outside world (society and business) is not driven by honesty but by need and fear often which may leed to lie and deceiving approaches.
The world is full of lies, some are releaved soon, some very late and some never.
Recently, I had a discussion with a Customer Service Officer from Three and I wanted to cancel my mobile contract that it was only one day that I had got it! She lied, lied and lied and at the end she said we can't cancel your contract because you said you have used the new mobile phone we sent you which is a big lie and I never said that and I never used their phone. If I want to get it further I have to take it to the court which costs me more time and money obviously.
In other occasion, when I was looking for job through job agencies I heard so many lies from them...
Why Many People Lie?
- They need to lie to get what they want
- They fear of the truth
- They enjoy lying
- They don't have believe in God or even if they do they don't trust God that they can fulfill their needs with honesty
Solution:There are 2 main attitudes we can have with people:
- Optimistic: it's high likely that people are honest unless it's proved otherwise.
- Pessimistic: it's high likely that people are dishonest and deceitful unless it's proved otherwise.
Being optimistic or pessimistic are both good and beneficial we just need to be aware when to choose which approach.
The attitude we choose to have at each time determines our behaviors, words and thoughts. Before choosing our attitude we better do a quick analysis on the other person's needs, fears and believes, then we will be able to choose a wiser approach.
We would be happier maybe if we always be optimistic; however it's not a safe approach and indeed it's very naive sometimes.
With sales people specifically, be pessimistic because they have needs which are against your needs. I have also friends who are in sales and they all acknowledge this.