Successful people think and talk about what they want, and unsuccessful people talk about what they don't want.
10-step plan to get what you truly want in life
1. Decide exactly what you want. This is usually the biggest problem that people have. They don't know what they want and then they're surprised when they don't get it.
2. Write your goal clearly in every detail. A goal that is not written down is merely a wish. When you write it down, you signal to your superconscious mind that you really want to accomplish this particular objective.
3. Write your goal in simple, present tense words on a three-by-five index card and carry it with you to read and re-read throughout the day whenever you get a chance.
4. Make a list of everything you can think of that you can do that will move you toward your goal. Making a list intensifies your desire and deepens your belief that the attainment of the goal is possible for you.
5. Organize the list by priority. What is more important and what is less important?
6. Resolve to take action every day on one of the items on your list. Do something every day that moves you toward your goal so that you can maintain your momentum.
7. Visualize your goal repeatedly. See it in your mind's eye as though it were already a reality. The more clear and vivid your mental picture of your goal, the faster it will come into your life.
8. Get the feeling of pleasure and enjoyment that you would have if your goal were realized at this very moment. Create the emotion of happiness, satisfaction, and pleasure that you would have if you really achieved your goal.
9. Confidently behave as if your superconscious mind were bringing your goal into reality. Accept that you are moving toward your goal and it is moving toward you.
10. Release your goal completely to your superconscious mind. When you turn your goal over to the power of the universe and just get out of the way, you will always know the right actions to take at the right time.
Starting today, try this power of yours, your superconscious mind, on one goal or idea, and practice it continually until you succeed in achieving that goal. By doing so, you will move from the "positive thinking" of the hopeful person to the "positive knowing" of the totally successful person.