You get distracted and the work you were going is forgotten or delayed and you become less productive. Have you been in this situation? in the recent weeks I have and it's extremely annoying since you can't progress and be productive in the way you wanted.
- Write down your tasks and walk through the written tasks in the order of importance; prioritizing is very important, do the jobs which are the most important and do them quickly
- Some tasks can be done quickly and some you have to think about them in details and deeply
- Know that prioritizing is not a one-time process; you should constantly prioritize
- Put your watch in front of you to be aware of the time passing - it might give you stress though
- Fill up a water of bottle; keeping yourself hydrated is essential
- Stay positive and say positive words
Ok, you do all you can to stay focused but you get distracted, what can you do?
- Put on headphones; play a music that helps you concentrate. It's a signal to others that you are working. It helps you keep out of distractions
- When someone asks you something which is not vital to do, express that you're busy and will get back to that person when you have time. Then add a reminder to your task list
- Don't answer emails that don't require answer
- Don't attend meetings which are irrelevant and waste of time
- Don'g answer your phone if it's not necessary to do so - get back to the caller when you have time
- Allocate time slots colleagues can interrupt you; communicate clearly that unless something is urgent you shouldn't get interrupted. say 2pm to 4pm, at the other time of the day focus on getting the work done
- Clean up your desk to have less distraction