It's very important to have a good sleep at night because
Good sleep impacts:
- A good sleep takes your tiredness away and helps you be refresh & energized in the morning
- You will be more alert in the morning
Bad sleep impacts:
- Tiredness and not freshened in the morning
- Drowsiness in the morning
- Headache in the morning
- You will feel sleepy during the day and less alert
Tips for good sleep:
- Take a warm bath an hour before sleep; this causes you to sleep very well at night
- Make your bed comfortable, tidy and clean for sleep
- Keep your bedroom calm and dark so that you can easily fall sleep without distraction
- Remember that your body needs 8 hour of sleep every night; if you did less, taking 1-2 hours of napping would be good ideally between 2 and 5
- Avoid drinking alcohol at night; although it helps you fall sleep quickly but it doesn't maintain a good sleep; it encourages you to sleep more and when you get up you feel still drowsy.
- Avoid drinking coffee at night; it doesn't allow you to have a deep and pleasant sleep
- Spend few minutes to tense then release the muscles of the body group by group; this helps you sleep better because your muscles get relaxed quickly.
- When travelling, don't eat during the flight. Eat when you get to the country of destination; this helps you reset your body time to the new country quickly.
How to get up from bed in a less painful way:
- Exposure to a blue light when you get up in the morning helps you become alert quickly in the morning.
- Try getting up always at the same time e.g. 7am
- Eating protein in the morning helps you become more alert
- Drinking a cup of coffee in the morning helps you become more alert