To be honest, Wisdom is the most interesting subject to me ever.
Why do we need wisdom?
* We have to make decisions in lifeLife is full of choices for us every single day; where to go, what to do, what to say and to whom and how; what to wear, what to eat, how to run a business, what to achieve next, how to achieve our goals, etc.
Based on our level of wisdom, we choose consciously or unconsciously what to do, what to think about or what to say and how.
By wisdom, you will know what to do.
* It's the success factor
The greater your wisdom, the more successful you become in whatever goal you have in life; indeed in order to become successful in life you only need to grow in wisdom.
* We need guidance
Wisdom works as a mentor for you who guides you along the way.
Whatever you're doing right now; whatever goal you want to achieve; the only thing you need is wisdom, yeah the only thing.
With wisdom you become unstoppable and nothing is unachievable.
* It helps to move from doubt/uncertainty to belief and certainty
Wisdom helps you to find the best answers to your questions like "What should I do now", "How should I respond", "How can I achieve that", "How can I get help", etc.
* The world is full of unknown things
We don't know everything and the more we ponder the more we realize this so once you realize this it becomes clear that you need wisdom which helps you in your everyday life.
* To lead people you need wisdom
(2 Chronicles 1:10)
* Wealth and honor will come along with wisdom
(2 Chronicles 1:11-12)
What wisdom is not?
Knowing or knowledge solely is not Wisdom; knowing and acting accordingly and properly both are what wisdom is.
Wisdom is proved right by actions.
Can we be all-wise?
Wisdom is like an unlimited and indefinite sky whose stars are scattered limitlessly. You can grow in wisdom and aim for being all-wise but there is no limit or one point where you can become all-wise.
How to grow in wisdom?
Unfortunately wisdom is not taught in schools neither can it be bought from shops but you can gain and grow in wisdom by keep looking for it.
* Ask Wisdom from God and believe he will give it to you
"If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and he will give it to you. God is generous to everyone and doesn't find fault with them. 6When you ask for something, don't have any doubts. A person who has doubts is like a wave that is blown by the wind and tossed by the sea. 7A person who has doubts shouldn't expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8A person who has doubts is thinking about two different things at the same time and can't make up his mind about anything." (James 1:5-8)
When you believe, automatically your eyes and ears are opened for messages, guides and signals God has for you.
So be happy since God will give you wisdom when you ask Him.
What are the characteristics of the Wise?
* Consult with the wise, experts and the more experienced; learn from them
* Read wise books and ponder in them
* Ask clever Wh questions; Why, When, How, Who, Where, What
* Listen very well and know when you should challenge what you hear
* Learn from the history and past experiences; they might be repeated in the future again
* Be prepared to change and learn from life and from others
* Observe people, their experiences, their way of life
"Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." (Deuteronomy 4:6)
* Do things more intelligently and in a more clever way